Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Determination: 12 in 2012

I cannot believe that 2013 is right around the corner!  This time of year is always so exciting for me; I love the joy and merriment that comes with Christmas and New Years, as well as getting to celebrate my birthday!  Even more so, I love that feeling of starting fresh, of wiping the slate clean and moving forward, full of opportunities and motivation ;)

In my journey to slow down and enjoy life, I decided to take my New Years' Resolutions and spread them out over the year in order to accomplish one goal per month.  This worked very well for this last year; I was able to focus and accomplish much more this year than I thought I would!!!

-- Have an Organized Apartment/Spring Cleaning (updated here)
-- Update Photos/Scrapbook (updated here)
-- Make Memories (we made so many memories, including a trip to NC and to Williamsburg, and having friends from FL visit)
-- Spring Cleaning (in April here and here)
-- Update Apartment (Apartment-versary) (in June)
-- Clothing Control (updated here and here)
-- Holiday Prep (updated for Halloween here and Thanksgiving here)
-- Health Goals (affected by my appendix, but updated here and here)
-- Holiday Baking (listed here)

In addition, I had wanted to cook new recipes this year and read 100 books.  I will be posting about the books I read this year in a few days, but I really enjoyed how much cooking I was able to do this year, especially this spring and summer!

Most of all, I think I learned a lot this year.  I learned how to deal with being sick while Doug is also sick.  I've learned to adapt and be flexible when things change or emergencies happen.  I've learned to care more about the people in my life than the things (or the cleanliness/organization of those things).  I've learned that it's okay to not have everything together; that I can take a break, regroup, and try again.  I've learned how to make the most of my time and energy.  Most of all, I hope I have learned how to take all these lessons and move forward to grow even more next year ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment