Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Document: November

DECEMBER.

Is it just me, or did the end of the year just sneak up on all of us?  Some days I feel like Christmas and New Years are right around the corner, and other days I feel like it's March or April!  Needless to say, November was short and super busy!

12 in 2012.
Health and Fitness Goals!  I am regularly doing yoga again (with no soreness/pain post-surgery) and trying to get in some cardio by walking a few times a week.  With the cold weather really hitting us now, I have been utilizing workout videos.  Eating healthy can be hard during the holiday season, but Doug and I are working hard to stay home and eat meals instead of eating out.  We are even making sure to keep healthy snacks on hand, like pistachios, baby carrots, string cheese, yogurt, and fruit.  For me, making sure I eat a decent breakfast and an afternoon snack has helped keep me full before social gatherings (or to keep me from late night snacking).

Reading.
I definitely hit a wall this month with reading.  I have finished 86 books (37 new books), meaning I only read three books this month (two new).  Midterms followed by Thanksgiving made life pretty busy, so I often would be up late working on schoolwork when I would normally be reading!  With two weeks left until the end of classes (though I am trying to finish in the next 10 days), I should be able to get in more reading, though the goal of 100 books would be very challenging right now, especially reading all new books to hit my goal of 50 new books this year.  Nevertheless, I am looking forward to some down-time to read!

Cooking.
Thanksgiving was great!  I didn't have the time I wanted to post recipes/pictures while baking, but I did manage to snag a few pre-dinner pics ;)

Lots of rolls, my mom's Vegetable Stuffing, and my mom!

TURKEY!

Lots of yummy sides!
I didn't get any pics of the Mini Cherry Pies I made, but it was so great to have my family here (to eat and to help cook!) for Thanksgiving.

Though papers and Finals have both Doug and I pretty busy, I am so looking forward to beginning my Christmas baking -- my 12 in 2012 goal for December!  Last year, I made quite a few recipes for my Christmas Baskets; this year, I decided to go with a few simple recipes that (most) everyone loves ;)  I can't wait to share what I've been planning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment