Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Decision, Year 2

A year ago I began a journey through this blog of appreciating the little things and living a decelerated life in order to find more gratitude and joy.

A year later, so many things have happened that have compromised my goals.  Doug and I have lost two grandparents and a step-grandparent.  A giant storm knocked out our power for a week, requiring us to re-stock our fridge and freezer and find shelter/food for a week.  My position was eliminated, requiring us to find another way to pay for my last year of school.  I had my appendix removed.  Dozens of personal issues and family issues have happened, including having two sets of parents move further away and a new baby nephew being born!

Apparently God knew what He was doing when He laid these goals on my heart, for without His provision and this attitude of living in the slow lane and finding joy in all things, I honestly don't know if I could have handled all that happened in the last year.

So, here I am, a year older and maybe wiser, but definitely blessed and full of gratitude to my family, friends, and especially my husband for being patient and understanding as I have tried (and sometimes failed) to slow down my life.

And thank all of you for following me through the crazy back-roads of my life!  While I do not know what the next year holds, I do know a few things.  First, I know that I have the ability to live a decelerated life and enjoy the present.  Second, I know that I will not continue my journey alone; I have friends, family, and a Lord who will be by my side.  Finally, I know that I will keep sharing my life with all of you, chronicling my path as I continue to learn to live with more gratitude, more joy, and more life!

No comments:

Post a Comment