Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Diligent

Diligent (adjective):  hard-working, active, busy, industrious

I am so happy to say that I have been diligent this week in so many ways (even though I haven't in several others).  First, I did not post about my menu plan for the week because we did not have one.  GASP!  With this being Finals Week for Doug and I, I got a lot of grab-and-go foods (frozen pizzas, lean pockets, frozen entrees) and some snacks (strawberries, ice cream, bagels) for us to munch on while we worked.

I only had one paper to complete, but because I had been working on it for the last few weeks, it was easily completed.  Doug had two papers and two exams to take, so I tried to help him as much as I could, i.e. bring him food and clean up after him ;)  My hubby DID surprise me Tuesday morning with a clean kitchen, so he did his part around the house this week too.

Most of all, we were able to relax and spend time with friends who came into town this weekend for graduation.  First, my dear friend Skylar popped in for a few hours with her daughter Lydia (who is 3 months old).  Skylar had been a part of our wedding last year and was able to visit with her husband in the Fall; I hadn't been able to see baby Lydia yet, though!  Catching up was much needed ;)

A few hours later, our friends Ben and Bekah arrived with their kids Ellie (2 1/2 yrs) and Luke (almost 10 months).  Doug and I were able to visit them in Florida when Ellie was 3 weeks old; we saw her around 3-4 months as well, but we haven't been able to make it down (or them make it up) for quite some time, including to see Luke!  The whole family is staying with us this weekend which has been AMAZING.  Yes, we had to child-proof a bit.  Yes, kids can be cranky and cry and take a perfectly clean room and destroy it in a New York minute.  But they are our "niece" and "nephew" and we love them anyway.

Ben and Bekah relaxing

Ellie playing with the "magic ball"

Luke and Uncle Doug

Luke in his play pen

Hopefully I can continue to be diligent as my new class begins on MONDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment