Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Delicious: Buffalo Chicken Pockets

Some leftover Shredded Buffalo Chicken inspired this idea!

I opened the crescent rolls and pinched the seam on each rectangle together to make four pouches.  I spread some cream cheese (I used low fat, neufchatel).  I doubled this recipe, but it is best to only handle a few at a time.

Spreading Cream Cheese

I put a big spoonful of buffalo chicken mix on one half of the crescent and topped with some shredded mozzarella cheese.

Working on the cheese

I just folded the top over and pinches the edges to seal.  I repeated the process on the next four, making eight pouches all together.  I topped the pouches with a little shredded mozzarella.  I baked the pouches according to the crescent roll directions; for me, that was 11-13 min at 375.  I put the pouches on a higher rack for the full time (13 min) to make sure that the chicken was heated through.  Two pouches was the perfect serving size for Doug and I; they were easy to reheat in the microwave or for Doug to take to work!

Finished product!
The best part about this recipe is that you can use almost any leftovers -- chicken, beef, pork, veggies -- or even lunchmeat to make quick and easy pockets ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment