Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Document: October

Oh my goodness, it is November!

Because of surgery recovery, I feel like I missed half of October!  I guess being on pain meds can do that to you ;)

Anyways, October was very busy at school and at home; even though I was trying to keep it easy, i feel like I have been able to "catch up" to "normal" life and prepare for a fun and festive holiday season.  Here's how my life looks after October's accomplishments!!!

12 in 2012.  We had a great time celebrating Halloween!  It is always good to have friends over, play some Mafia!, and just catch up on each other's lives.  Plus, I heard the food was pretty good ;)

Cupcakes, Brownies, Gobs, Pinwheels, Fruit, and Chips!

Lucy Van Pelt and her Psychiatrist Booth

Snoopy!

Doug and I also did a little Christmas prep (our "lists" were due to my family on Halloween, so we had some time to think about the holidays) and decided on a day/menu for Thanksgiving.  I think we did a great job prepping for the season.

Reading.  I totally rocked on reading this month!  I have finished 83 books (35 new books), meaning I read 17 books in October. WOW.  I guess recovery has its perks!  I'm not sure if I will be able to finish 100 books by the end of the year, but I am a lot closer than I thought I would be ;)

Cooking.  I finally regained control in the kitchen, but I haven't branched out too much with dinners yet ;)  For Halloween, I did make Pumpkin Spice Gobs with a special Vanilla Icing, Pumpkin Cupcakes, Cheerwine Brownies, and some Easy Turkey and Spinach Pinwheels (plus some cheesy salsa and fruit dip). school has been keeping me pretty busy, but I should be able to post some recipes in time for Thanksgiving!

Health/Fitness.  I am back to doing yoga and "normal" tasks, but I am definitely looking to increase my activity level over these winter months.  Getting outside will be difficult, so I am banking on making good use of my time at home.  Next month's goals are all about fitness and healthy living, so you can read about my ideas/decisions then!!!

On top of finding ways to stay healthy over the winter, I will be making some new health goals and fitness goals for next year.  My time at Curves has been great, but their hours and my school schedule have been colliding too much to be able to keep going there.  While I really wish I could stay there and continue to use their incredible resources, I know that I can find something that works for my life and my schedule ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment