Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Detox: North Carolina

Detox (noun) -- treatment designed to rid the body of poisonous substances, withdrawal

The biggest poison in my life is stress!  Not only do I stress about so many unnecessary things, but I don't know what to do when there is nothing to stress me!  Doug and I decided a few weeks ago to visit his dad at his new house in New Bern, NC as a Fathers' Day gift; as the trip got closer, the more we needed the time to relax and rest -- to detox!

We had such an amazing time -- grilling food, enjoying the sun and water, and spending time with family!

Relaxing at the house

View from the deck
Beautiful sight!

Doug reading in the house
Historic New Bern

Original Pepsi Store

Some of the historic area

They had bear statues all around!

We had some guests visit during dinner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment