Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Delicious: Weekly Meal Plan

Last week Doug and I were able to cook from home much more than we had been!  Yea!  One of the highlights of the week was the salmon.  I was really nervous about making it (since I rarely eat salmon and had never cooked it before), but it turned out great!!!

It looks yummy!
To make:  layer some thinly sliced squash and zucchini on a large piece of foil; season with salt and pepper.  Place salmon (skin side down) on top of squash; season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lemon juice.  Carefully roll foil into a pouch.  Cook at 300 for 30 min.  I made some quick Parmesan noodles on the side.

Anyways!  This week is a clean-out-the-kitchen week for us; Doug and I are trying our hardest to cook all of our meals completely out of what we already have in the kitchen!  I tend to stock up on supplies when they are on sale, so we should be able to do it.

Tuesday:  Meatloaf w/ Broiled Potatoes and Veggies
Wednesday:  Pizza (or leftovers)
                    Party for the Styers!  (Fish Fry Party!)
Thursday:  Brats and Rice w/ Spinach
Friday:  Grilled Chicken w/ Broccoli and Alfredo
Saturday:  Pork Stir Fry
Sunday:  Tuna Helper
Monday:  Beef Fajitas w/ Rice

The best part?  The only groceries I am buying this week are some rice (for Fajitas on Monday) and food for the Party!!!  This means Doug and I will not spend more than our normal weekly grocery amount (and will probably have some $$ left over), AND we get to throw a party for some of our dear friends!  Win-Win ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment