Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

De and Doug's Den: The Books of 2012

This year, I set a goal to read 100 books including 50 I had never read before.  While I ended a little short of my goal (90 books, 41 new books), I still can't believe how much reading I was able to do this year!!! 

This post is just a summarized list of what I read this year ;)

Fiction/Fantasy
The Alchemyst Series (books 1-5)
Avalon High
Harry Potter Series (7 books)
Heroes of Olympus Series (3 books)
The Hobbit
Hunger Games Trilogy (3 books)
The Kane Chronicles (books 1-2)
Percy Jackson Series (5 books)

Fiction/Chick Lit
Ashley Stockingdale Series (3 books)
The Austen Series (6 books)
Secret Lives of Fortunate Wives
Shopaholic Series (books 1-5)
Sleeping Beauty Proposal
Something Blue
Something Borrowed

Fiction/Mystery
Heather Wells Series (3 books)
Stephanie Plum Series (books 1-3)
Sue Grafton Series (books A-B)
The Westing Game
Women's Murder Club Series (books 1-3)

Religion/Biblical Study
Encountering John from the EBS series
Genesis from the NIVAC series
Genesis in Time and Space
The Gospel Accoridng to John from the PNTC series
How to Read Genesis
How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth
The New How to Study Your Bible Book
The New How to Study Your Bible Workbook

Religion/Church
Church Administration
Innovate Church
Perspectives on Church Government, 5 Views
Preventing Sexual Abuse in Congregations
The Reformers and Their Stepchildren
SPLASH
Surprising Insights from the Unchurched

Religion/Growth
7 Practices of Effective Ministry
And He Dwelt Among Us
The Green Letters:  Principles of Spiritual Growth
Prayer:  The Timeless Secret of High-Impact Leaders
The Principle of Position:  Foundations of Spiritual Growth
Radical:  Taking Back your Faith form the American Dream
Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life

I think the thing that surprised me most about this list is the range/diversity of books that I read this year.  Obviously, I had to read a lot for school (20 books from this list), but I feel that I gained a lot from the books that I read this year.  After all, that is the point of reading!

For 2013, I want to continue reading a variety of books and new (to me) books, and I hope I've inspired some of you to join me in reading next year!!!  Whether it's 1 book each season, 1 book each month, or 1 book each week, START READING! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment