Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Delicious: Weekly Meal Plan



This week, I do't have to plan for much, because we will be flying down to Florida TOMORROW!  Yea!  Since I won't be cooking very much this week, I am making sure to plan for meals when we return, so I don't have to run to the store or resort to take-out ;)

Monday --  Cheesy Enchilada Hamburger Helper (leftover from last week)
                   Soup and Sandwiches
Tuesday-Thursday -- FLORIDA!!!
Friday --  Grilled Chicken (using this seasoning blend) w/ White Cheddar Shells (also leftover)
Saturday --  Slow Cooker Pepper and Onion Beef Roast w/ Fajita Rice
Sunday --  Breaded Pork, Broiled Potatoes, and Cheddar Broccoli

I also wanted to share how I cook my Pepper and Onion Beef Roast!

Ingredients:
3-4 lb Beef Roast (shoulder, pot roast, whatever suits you)
1 packet Pot Roast Seasoning (or whatever spices you like! I often use Meatloaf or Onion Soup Mix.)
1/2 c water
1 package frozen onion and pepper blend

Directions
1.  Place roast in the slow cooker; dump seasoning over roast and rub into the top and sides
2.  Add water to slow cooker; cover and set on low for 5 hours
3.  Using tongs, flip roast over.  Add frozen onion and pepper mix over the roast.  Continue cooking on low for one hour.
4.  Serve sliced or shredded!

My husband likes slices piece to put on sandwiches, but I like it shredded on tortilla shells.  Use it whichever way works for you!

For more Menu Plans, click the link above to go to orgjunkie's site!

No comments:

Post a Comment