Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Document: August

Ermahgerd, it's September!!!  I really cannot believe it is already September, and  that 2012 is 3/4 complete!    August is also a "transitional" month for me (with school beginning), but this August was so busy!  I had a class end, another two classes began, Doug and I redecorated our bedroom and our guest room, my parents visited, and I welcomed friends to Lynchburg for school beginning.  Busy, busy, busy!!!

12 in 2012.  August was supposed to be all about vacation and relaxing; ha!  Since we had to relax so much in July, we worked hard in August to complete our bedroom and our guest room.  I still want to update our linen closet and bathroom, but our house is definitely back in working order.  I also took care of a lot of my September 2012 goal by cleaning out my dresser and closet and donating the clothes to charity.

Reading.  While I have improved, I am still behind!!!  I have read 56 (and a half) books so far this year, including 27 new books.  I am working through the Percy Jackson series (2 1/2 to go), to be followed by the Heroes of Olympus series (2 to go), to prep for Mark of Athena (to be released on Oct 2!).  Not to mention at least two book to read for school, and I still have three Women's Murder Club books to read (2 of them are new).  Now that I have settled into my Fall Schedule, reading has become much easier (and necessary).  Can I read another 44 books in the next four months?  I guess we'll see...

Cooking.  I was able to try a lot of new things this month, like Grilled London Broil (with plenty of leftover for fajitas) and Mini Beef Wellingtons.  as I am writing this, my Southern-Style Mac and Cheese is baking, so I should be able to tell you how that turned out soon ;)  September = apples and pumpkin, so I am hoping to try making some Mini Apple Pies, Pumpkin Cupcakes, and some different breads (Banana, Apple Cinnamon) and cupcakes.  I have been making a lot of smoothies for school, but I would love to try using Oatmeal, Chia Seeds, and different fruits/flavors this month.

Health/Fitness.  Making it to the gym has been inconsistent, to say the least.  I have been able to stretch every morning and start using my new yoga and walking DVDs (as well as walking a bit to class).  I injured my ankle this week, so I will have to take it easy/low-impact this week, but it is nice to be back on a schedule.  I also pinned a couple detox ideas -- everything from a 30 min soak in the tub to a one week detox diet -- that I would like to look into more this month.  I've never done a detox before, so I want to take it slow and make sure it is safe before starting.

For September, I am hoping to try the 30 for 30 challenge.  I haven't chosen my wardrobe pieces yet, but I will be working on it this week.  I've seen some people follow this for 30 days straight, while others have done 3 days a week for 10 weeks.  I think I'm going to try to do 4 days a week for 8 weeks (I know that makes 32, but oh well), which is when cold weather will start to hit.  Here's to September!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment