Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Delicious: Weekly Meal Plan

Doug and I are finally working the full fridge and freezer, and it has been GREAT!  This week's menu was super easy since we had meat, veggies, and sides already in the house.  What a concept!  Since the parking lot at our complex was being sealed/painted, we decided to wait until Thursday morning to go shopping = pulling form the pantry ;)

Thursday -- Broiled Cod w/ Parmesan Pasta and Broccoli w/cheese
Friday -- Brats w/Peppers and Onions and Chips/Dip
Saturday -- Eating Out (paper-writing week!)
Sunday -- Baked Pork w/Roasted Red Potatoes and Roasted Squash
Monday -- Mini Sirloin Wellingtons w/ Grilled Asparagus and Buttered Orzo
Tuesday -- Grilled Chicken w/ Buffalo Rice and Zucchini Cakes

Fun things this week:
Mini Wellingtons -- when ground sirloin went on sale, I bought a pound "just because."  After thinking a bit, I thought making some mini wellingtons would be great!  I plan on making sirloin meatballs, wrapping them in some crescent dough (which we like more than puff pastry), and adding some sliced mushrooms.  Easy and yummy.  Asparagus and ozro make it seem upscale ;)

Orzo.  Speaking of orzo, I have a confession:  I have never cooked orzo before!!!  I am such a bad Italian!  Anyways, I got a small box when it was on sale a few months ago 'just because" (I do a lot of "just because" shopping when we have extra grocery money), and I am really excited to make some!  They only part I'm worried about is adding the right herbs in the right amount.  I will probably go on a recipe hunt for ideas.

Zucchini Cakes.  My fav!  I love these so much!  Not only are they easy to make, they also keep well in the fridge (= make a big batch to last awhile) and are a great light snack.  They are also a bit nostalgic for me; they remind me of my family!  It has been awhile since I made them, and this time I will attempt to do so without using eggs (since I prefer not to eat food I'm allergic to).  This will be an experiment, but hopefully I will end up with some yummy sides/snacks...if all else fails, make muffins ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment