Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Delicious: Weekly Meal Plan

After a few days of sorting and cleaning our apartment, sorting and filing paperwork, and moving my friend Sarah into the dorms...we can finally get a menu together and go shopping!!!

Wednesday:  Leftovers
Thursday:  Grilled Chicken w/ Buffalo Rice and Roasted Squash
Friday:  Pork Stir-Fry w/ Asian Rice
Saturday:  Meatloaf w/ Broiled Potatoes and Broccoli/cheddar
Sunday:  Broiled Cod w/ Grilled Eggplant and Pasta
Monday:  Breaded Pork w/ Roasted Red Potatoes and Roasted Zucchini
Tuesday:  Burgers w/Mixed Veggies

Last week's menu turned out great, and we had a "leftover" meal that we could use this week.  PLUS, the Mini Wellingtons were fantastic!  I was worried about the crescent rolls burning or the meat not cooking through, but 20-25 min in the oven still gave us flaky pastry and medium-well meatball centers.  I ended up making my own mushroom mix to add in:  one small can mushroom slices (drained) and 1/2 package Italian dressing mix.  I pulsed it in my Magic Bullet, which quickly gave me a thick and savory paste to add inside the Wellingtons!

1 comment: