Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Design: Weekly Goals (Apr 22-28)

Someone asked me, "Why 10 goals?  Why not 7 or 14?"  My answer is: because I had 10 goals.  My advice to everyone for goal-setting (or resolution-making) is to not worry about following a formula, but figure out what works for you.  First, I write down the things that I must accomplish this week (like grading or schoolwork that is due); then I can add in some other things that I want to get done this week (like working ahead in school or blogging).  I aim to have at least two things per category, but no more than 12 goals for the week (two per weekday and two for the weekend).

School/Homework
1.  Essay (400 words, due April 25)
2.  Work on Final Paper outline; begin research (due May 11)

Grading/Tutoring
3.  Finish grading and return all homework/quizzes before last class (April 26)
4.  Finalize grade book prior to Final Exam (May 1)

Housework/Errands
5.  Menu planning and Grocery shopping (with blog post)
6.  Organize pantry and quick clean kitchen
7.  Finish cleaning bedroom
8.  Create and use laundry/cleaning schedule

Personal
9.  Make it to the gym 3 times this week
10.  Finish reading The Hobbit
11.  Get last 3 disposable cameras developed


This is a lot to accomplish in one week, but I want to work hard now so that Doug and I can relax through May -- May is already jam-packed full of events and fun things to do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment