Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

De and Doug's Den: 7 Practices of Effective Ministry

Even though this was a book I was required to read for the class I am currently taking, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.  I have been an Andy Stanley fan for awhile. (I have read Choosing to Cheat and Next Generation Leader in the past.)

One thing I really enjoyed about this book was the opening story about Pastor Ray Martin chatting with baseball team owner Pete Harlan about effective management.  It is clear through this story that these practices can be used in various types of business, organizations, and ministry. As a "housewife," I can still apply these practices to my own life.

The second half of the book elaborates on these principles using examples from North Point Community Church, which is very helpful for those in ministry.  Overall, it was a really great read, and I am looking forward to applying some of the principles to my own life.

I highly recommend this read simply for organizational principles.  Happy reading ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment