Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Delicious: Broiled Lobster

When I mentioned on Pinterest that I was making broiled lobster this week, I had no idea that it would result in a number of likes and re-pins in a matter of hours!  So I decided to let you all know how it turned out ;)

The recipe/instructions I used were from Lobster Help,

One tail ready to go!
 I let the tails sit while I boiled some water for Alfredo Pasta; I also melted some butter and added seasoning for the lobster.  I used salt, pepper, lemon juice, and some garlic powder.

On a greased pan, covered in butter sauce!
Once the pasta was ready, I put some broccoli and cheese in the microwave to cook (courtesy of Green Giant); the vegetable cook time was the same for my tails, so I popped those in the oven!

While cooking, I drained most of the pasta water from the noodles and added some alfredo sauce (Ragu Light Alfredo); I like leaving some of the starchy cooking water (about 1/2 cup) in to thin out the alfredo a bit.  I put the pasta and sauce over a low heat and kept stirring to help the sauce warm, thicken a bit more, and begin to cling to the pasta.

Once the tails were done, I pulled those form the oven and let them rest a bit (with some extra butter on top!) while I put the pasta and broccoli on the plates.  The lobster came next, and I think this meal turned out pretty well!

Doug's plate
My Plate


No comments:

Post a Comment