Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Design: This Week's Results

Here's how my list looks at the end of the week:

School/Homework
1.  Essay (400 words, due this week)
2.  Begin Outline for Final Paper (due May 11) -- I still have plenty of time ;)

Grading/Tutoring
3.  Grade Quiz 4
4.  Grade Homework from last week and this week

Housework/Errands
5.  Menu Planning/Grocery Shopping (with blog post)
6.  Do prep work for CD investments
7.  Quick clean of apartment and rearrange living room (for guests coming Thursday)

Personal
8.  Make it to the gym at least 3 times this week -- at least I made it this week!
9.  Spend some time outdoors (and enjoy this awesome weather!)
10.  AND take a bath with my new bubble bath ;)

I did get a few extra things done this week:
1. Re-vamp Master Bedroom.  We found all our clean and dirty clothes (that had not been put away yet), put away all our clean clothes, and sorted all our dirty clothes into loads.  We put away our extra blankets, vacuumed, and cleaned up everything!!!
2. Laundry.  Because of re-vamping our bedroom, we had a LOT of laundry left over!  In the end, I think we did 4 loads and have 2-3 left to do (plus some hampers are half full already!)  Needless to say, we definitely need to start doing more laundry ;)
3. Errands/Upkeep.  Doug was able to buy new screws so that we can finally put up our living room curtains!  (When they are actually up, I will post photos and explain the whole story/ordeal of our curtains.  They have almost been more trouble than they are worth!)  We also got some things for the house (water bottles, printer ink, etc) and some things for us (Nook Tablet, B&N gift cards)!  On top of everything, we opened our first CD accounts!  Yea!
4. Family Time.  My parents and sister-in-law Christine came in to visit on Thursday and Friday; my parents are coming back for to see us a bit more on Sunday.  Spending extra time with them playing frisbee golf, helping my mom buy/set up her Nook, and going out to eat is such a treat and a blessing.

Even though I did not complete everything on my list, I was able to do a lot more than I thought I could!  It definitely helped me to focus my time and energy on what was most important for the week!!!

How do you organize your days/weeks?  What is your plan to accomplish things?




No comments:

Post a Comment