Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Desserts: Snickerdoodles

Nothing beats the buttery, sugary, cinnamony goodness of snickerdoodles. (Is cinnamony a word? Well, it is now!) Although they are not a "traditional" Christmas cookie, they are my mom's favorite and (therefore) a must-add to my Christmas baking.
Me and my mom
I set up a little "baking zone" in the kitchen; the plan for the day was to make 4 batches (120-160) of cookies.


The recipe for the cookies was really quick and easy; I had cookies mixed and ready to roll in about 5 minutes! I really wanted to make sure I made the cookies the right size so that I would end up with enough to put in the baskets, so I made the cookies balls first before rolling. Then I rolled them in the cinnamon/sugar mix. Here's how they looked!

I ended up with a few extra cookies in this batch (lucky me!), so now I have a pretty good idea of big they should be for the next few batches. I also used parchment paper on the cookie trays to keep the bottoms of the cookies from burning ;)

I let the cookies cool; they look super yummy!!! And they tasted good too! But don't tell ;)


Anyways, I spent about $2.25 in order to make 3 dozen cookies, just $0.06 per cookie! Not bad at all for a simple and yummy treat at Christmas or anytime of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment