Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Desserts: Cinnamon Hot Chocolate

Today I decided to mix up Cinnamon Hot Chocolate for the Christmas Baskets. Hot Cocoa is really simple to make (just mix ingredients), and practically everyone drinks cocoa. I chose this cinnamon mix because cinnamon makes chocolate taste...well, chocolatelier ;) Plus it adds a pop of flavor you can't find in packaged cocoa mixes.

One batch of cocoa mix


The original recipe made 3 1/2 cups of mix, so I doubled (more like quadrupled) the recipe to make enough for the baskets!!! I also made sure there was some left over for taste-testing ;) The only thing I changed from the original recipe was the marshmallows -- I just put two big handfuls on the top of each package instead of mixing them into the cocoa. After bagging, I added cute gift tags with cocoa directions and some ribbon; here are the finished products!!!

Overall, each bag cost about $1 to make -- not bad at all!!! Plus, there was almost 2 cups of cocoa leftover (and some marshmallows) that I saved for Doug and I ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment