Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Document: September

Today begins October, meaning lots of pumpkin flavors, fall breezes, leaves changing, and apple cider!  But first, we had to push through September!

September was a mess, to say the least.  Not only did school crank up, but sickness rocked our house, well mostly just me!  Spider bites, nausea, and an appendectomy made it a rough month for me.  Despite the craziness and busyness, September was still a pretty good month with a lot of accomplishments.

12 in 2012.  Out of all the accomplishments, the one big thing I was unable to do was try the 30 by 30 program.  Once I finally picked out the clothes, I never had a chance to take pictures, let alone try using them in my wardrobe.

Reading.  I have completed 66 (and a half) books so far this year, which means I read an impressive 10 books this month!  Tomorrow Mark of Athena comes out, which will kick off this month's reading pretty quickly!  While I have 34 books left to read this year to hit my goal (which seems a bit out of reach), I am excited to have made such progress this year.

Cooking.  In the midst of all the school and sickness, I was able to try making some new things, including a few versions of Mac and Cheese.  This month should be full of baked goods, since we love apple and pumpkin flavors!!!

Health/Fitness.  With being sick and busy, I was only really able to keep up with my daily stretching/yoga without getting to spend a lot of time at the gym or working out at home.  As I recover from surgery, I should be able to get back to my normal yoga routine soon and add in some walking until I can begin using machines/weights.

The goal for October is to begin preparing for the holidays -- Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas -- especially by setting up plans to see family and friends and begin baking lots of yummy snacks!!!  School gets a bit of a break this month; one class ends in two weeks (gasp!) and I get a week-long break before beginning a new class.  Greek continues through the month with another exam looming at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment