Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Deferment

Deferment (noun):  act of putting off or delaying, sanctioned postponement

Things that have become deferred this week:
Weekly Goals
Menu Plan, shopping, and blog post
and Eating (apparently)

For the last three days, I have been extremely sick; I won't go into details, but one of the major byproducts is that I can basically not eat anything until 1) I am completely better and 2) for 48-72 hours after I think I am better.

Food items I was specifically told to avoid:  dairy, fruit, caffeine, sugar, most vegetables (starchy veggies are okay), anything whole grain (which is almost all of our pasta, bread, crackers), anything greasy, buttery, or cooked in oil, meat (more than 2 oz), and dark liquids (including juice and dark Gatorade).  In addition, I am supposed to be drinking a quart of water every hour.

Needless to say, I have been consisting on crackers and water for two days, and I am a bit cranky!  On the good side, it is another week that we don't need to go grocery shopping; we have had plenty of leftovers and  unused meals since I haven't been able to eat anything!!!

As far as not setting goals, I have just been doing whatever I have absolutely HAD to do.  With two large Greek quizzes this week, my in-laws visiting, and friends coming in this weekend, the hubs has made me nap, read, and watch TV instead of cleaning, organizing, and driving myself crazy ;)

Even after trying to decelerate and enjoy life, I still get caught up in all the little things when I need to be more concerned about the big things -- the enduring and eternal things.  Like taking care of myself and my health.  Like continuing to build a strong relationship with Doug.  Like being able to spend time with friends and family instead of worrying about what they might think if I haven't vacuumed this week.

So, this week (and maybe for a few more weeks), I am putting some things on deferment.

No comments:

Post a Comment