Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Document: February

I honestly cannot believe it is March.  March, as in the third month of the year, the beginning of Spring, and the season of mid-terms.  February seems like a blur (probably due to the two weeks I spent on DayQuil and NyQuil), but I'm sure I accomplished something.

2013 Winter Goals
After my improvements in January, I definitely took a step back this month.  Once again breakfast became a thing of the past, but I was able to eat Breakfast at least once per week, which is still a marked improvement from the beginning of the year.

The first two weeks of the month I did very well with my other goals (going to bed earlier and waking earlier, stretching and Yoga, and making it to the gym), however the "week of many appointments" became my downfall as the sickness took over.  Coughing and sputtering are not conducive to cardio at the gym, and sleep came at varied times for varied lengths.  Needless to say, I will be learning to take better care of myself using the "two steps forward, one step back" method.

Other Goals
I finally finished Jane Eyre!  I think every book has a "threshold" moment that draws you in, and once you cross it, the book instantly becomes irresistible.  I wasn't able to read through Dickinson's poems, but I did find a copy on my Nook to read in an upcoming month.  Likewise, Dial M for Murder has been sitting in its Netflix sleeve for the last two weeks!  I'm hoping I will finally get around to watching it this weekend.

I believe I have finished my Home Management Binder (as well as our Financial Binder), but there is still room to grow as we continue to use it.  Valentine's Day was really fun; it was one of my last "healthy" days for the month, so we were able to make the most of it.  Finally, Doug's birthday this past weekend was fairly successful even though I wasn't able to do all I had hoped.  Still, Doug said it was one of his favorite birthdays ever, so I'll score that as a win ;)

Moving Forward
For March, I will continue to find ways to take care of myself!  I really am hoping to tackle my eating habits, especially having breakfast in the morning.  Doug and I also have some time off school (Spring Break!), and we are planning on visiting my family in PA!  We haven't been able to drive up to PA for about a year, so this trip is really exciting and special for me.  Of course Spring Break means the end of one class and the beginning of another...

No comments:

Post a Comment