Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Delicious: Weekly Meal Plan



This week has been a bit of a whirlwind for us; we ended up having some leftover meals from last week, AND we ate some meals we had been planning to eat this week!

Anyways, here is what we have left/planned for this week ;)

Monday:  Grilled Chicken Breasts w/ Cheesy Broccoli Rice
Tuesday:  Chicken Skillet Meal w/ Alfredo Pasta
                Pork Fajitas w/ Rice
Wednesday:  Valentine's Lunch Out ;)
                     Leftovers
Thursday:  Doug's Choice -- Shrimp, Scallops, and/or Steak
Friday:  Shrimp Skillet Meal w/Garlic and Oil Pasta
Saturday:  Chicken Enchiladas w/ Rice
Sunday:  Leftover Meal from Thursday

Since Doug works on Valentine's Day, we are "celebrating" on Wednesday (using some V-Day money from my wonderful parents); I still like to try to cook something special.  Doug loves surf and turf, so I always try to have some on hand to make special meals.  Orzo or baked potatoes make excellent sides, and a nice sauce gives it a restaurant feel. (I like making Spinach Cream Sauce.)

In order to have these "special" food on hand, I look for deals on frozen seafood throughout the year.  I like to stock up when our store has 25% of all seafood deals. For the steaks I always look in the Manager's Special section; I lucked out and found two small round steaks last week for $3.50 total!  Many times they have large packs on sale; those are easy to separate and freeze in portions for two ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment