I honestly have to keep looking at the calendar; it's actually April! March was SO crazy that I'm glad I had a "simple" goal from my 12 in 2012 list.
I was behind going into March because of our being sick and Doug's birthday (plus visits from Kevin and from Kim, both of which were great) left me a bit behind going into the last weeks of classes! I had 10 days to complete a 15 page paper, an 18 page paper, and two exams -- no piece of cake! Doug and I both knocked ourselves out to get school done, so we spent Spring Break trying to get some of that sleep back and trying to clean up our house (that had scarcely been touched during those two weeks).
We jumped right into classes, and we had another family emergency due to the death of my grandfather. (I DO promise I will do a post about this soon, once things have settled a bit.) We scampered up to Pennsylvania for 5 days and came back to Virginia in catch up mode again. Thanks to a lot of understanding and patience from our professors (and some hard work from us), we have finally been able to catch up!!! Doug and I even got to go to the movies with some of my family (to see Hunger Games).
So, here we are in April! I am so excited for Springtime (= warmer, sunnier, and makes me happier!), but I think March turned out pretty well, all things considered.
1. Making Memories (12 in 2012). Doug and I were able to make some memories! I got caught up on Scrapbooking, we were able to play games together and spend time with friends, and my whole (Finnigan side) family was able to get together and share together.
2. Reading. I am 1/4 of the way through the year, and I have completed 1/4 of my goal!!! I have read 27 books this year (though 2 were repeats), 12 of which were new books. All in all, I am pretty pleased with myself.
3. Cooking. Doug and I officially switched to a once-a-week shopping schedule. This has been much healthier for us (we can buy fresh fruits and veggies every week), and it has helped keep our grocery budget in check! With so much busyness/chaos, I have only really been able to try one new recipe this month (Buffalo Chicken), but it is a keeper! I am cooking for my parents Easter weekend, so hopefully I can kind something fun and different to do ;)
4. Health/Weight. Doug and I have been eating much healthier (for the most part), but my motto has become "slow and steady!" Since joining Curves, I have missed one full week per month due to holidays, family emergency, and sickness. Hopefully April (month 5) can be my first full month!!! I am also hoping to get outdoors more (now that it is nicer out) and begin walking/jogging to boost my exercise (and make sure Doug gets some too!). As far as numbers go, I have lost a few inches, but my weight is about the same (some days it is up, some days it is down). Doug keeps reminding me that I am building muscle, but I would like to see the number on the scale drop a bit more consistently (especially as I get to work out more consistently!!!)
For April, I am focused on Spring Cleaning!!! My mother-in-law visiting this week should help with motivation, but Springtime always makes me a little restless. So, here are our plans for Spring Cleaning:
1. Overall cleaning (sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, scrubbing, etc)
2. Keep the kitchen (esp. pantry) clean and functional (shopping more = cooking more = cleaning more)
3. Sort through my closet/dresser to get rid of old clothes and pack up my winter clothes.
4. Rearrange our Living Room!
5. Restock cleaning supplies and health supplies.
6. Clean out and rearrange Linen Closet
I may not show you all of the "before" shots, but I will try to document all the "afters." Are you planning on doing some Spring Cleaning? Have you already cleaned out your space?