Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Document: February (12 in 2012)

February is finally over!

I don't know what it is about February that just makes me feel antsy and behind.  Even though I was very diverted this month, I feel this way every February.  Maybe it's because January is full of newness and excitement (and my birthday!), and February seems drab in comparison.  Maybe it's because this month is shorter than the rest; I don't know what that has to do with it, but it's true.  Maybe it's because February is when the new year kicks into high gear.  Maybe it's because it's the last "real" month of winter.  It's most likely because so many things are crammed into such a short month!!!  In my old job as a Resident Assistant, October and February were the busiest months of the year -- February especially because we were on double duty by having to prep for the following school year.

Anyways, I am just glad March is here!  March = Spring Break, sunny days, thunderstorms, the beginning of Spring!!!  Everything just seems more alive and awake ;)  Even though I am super excited about March, February did have some good moments, and I was able to accomplish some things on which I had planned.

1. 12 in 2012: Update Photos and Scrapbook. I added more pages to my Scrapbook, I chose pictures/mementos for each additional page, and I bought some extra paper for my Scrapbook.  I only finished one new page, however.  Doug and I also successfully filled up the last three disposable cameras from our August Reception!  Now, just to get those printed...

2. Reading. I only read 6 books this month (3 being new books), but I have read 20 books so far this year (9 new books), so I am pretty pleased to be a few books ahead of schedule.  I am hoping to begin reading the Maze Runner series soon (3 more new books!) and then do the Hobbit/LOTR series again; Spring Break should also help boost my reading time.  I also have 3-4 books to read on evangelism for my next class, which should be really interesting, thought-provoking, and (I hope) inspiring.

3. Recipes. I did try two new recipes I posted (One Pot Mac n Cheese and Oven Roasted Veggies), but I also made Banana Ice Cream (Ice Cream made out of frozen bananas), I cooked Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon for the first time (for Valentine's Day), and...well then Doug and I fought sickness, had company, celebrated Doug's birthday, and there wasn't much time for real cooking.  I am so looking forward to fresh fruits and veggies being on sale soon to inspire some new dishes!

4. Health/Weight.  This has been up and down -- literally!  I can't seem to make it to the gym without missing at least one week per month!  I lost time over Christmas (Dec), when Doug's Grandfather passed away (Jan), and for sickness (Feb).  Here's to hoping March is a full month!  Besides this, I joined Map My Run, which is an online tool to help map and measure a walk, jog, or run.  After my (several) knee, ankle, and foot injuries over the last 8-9 years, I have been wanting to begin walking and eventually running again.  I would love to get up to a 5K (roughly 3 miles); now that the weather is warmer, I can take advantage of living so close to a nice park and running path!

My 12 in 2012 goal for March was to make memories, mostly as an excuse for a fabulous Spring Break trip.  I think I am going to work on taking more pictures (I was so caught up on Doug's birthday that we have zero pictures!) and hopefully finishing dealing with the photos we have!  Doug and I are also planning on mapping out some of his vacation time for holidays and vacation, which will bring lots of memories too!  Finally, I want to work on keeping track of our memories better -- and what better way than through this blog!  I am working on updating our blog, as well as hoping to post much more: reviews on books/movies, more recipes, some devotional material, etc.  This will take some time and effort to update, but I think it will be worth the effort in the end!

Are you glad February is through?  Are you still sticking to your resolutions for the year?  What are you planning to do once Spring "officially" hits?

No comments:

Post a Comment